How do I delete my account?

We understand that you’ve made the decision to delete your account. Please follow these steps to proceed with the deletion process:

1. Visit Visual Studio Code for Education and log in using your account credentials.
  2. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click on the circle displaying your initials.
  3. From the menu that appears, select “Your Profile.”
  4. Locate and click on the option labeled “Delete My Account.”
  5. Take a moment to carefully read the “Delete Account” message that appears. It’s essential to understand that deleting your account is permanent and cannot be undone. Before proceeding, ensure that you have backed up any important data or information associated with your account.
  6. To confirm your decision, type “DELETE ACCOUNT” in the provided field.
  7. Lastly, click on the “I understand the consequences, delete my account” button. Keep in mind that clicking this button means your account will be irreversibly deleted, and all associated data and information will be permanently removed.

We appreciate the time you’ve spent using Visual Studio Code for Education and are sorry to see you go. If you would like to use Visual Studio Code for Education again, we recommend that you login to create a new account.